SOTHEBY’S. Londra, 13 ottobre 2011
• £21,647,950 ($34,060,885/€24,715,471): il totale più alto per un’asta di Arte Italiana del XX secolo
• La Evening Sale di Contemporary Art ha totalizzato 17.8 milioni di sterline
• world record per Alberto Burri con Combustione Legno aggiudicato a £3,177,250 ($4,999,085/€3,627,467)
• 6 world record per BURRI -KOSSOFF- DELVOYE- LO SAVIO- PISTOLETTO – PENONE
• world record per un disegno di SEVERINI
• GRANDE SUCCESSO PER L’ARTE POVERA con in testa: “Bambù” di Pascali venduto a € 839.895 e Achrome di Manzoni aggiudicato a €1.261.864
La sola collezione privata ‘Italian Identity’ (lotti 1-36) ha realizzato £10,691,550 ($16,822,085/€12,206,546) contro una stima pre-asta di £7,087,000-9,863,000.
Cheyenne Westphal, Sotheby’s Chairman of Contemporary Art Europe, ha commentato: “Building on the solid successes Sotheby’s has achieved in the collecting category of 20th Century Italian Art in the past couple of seasons, we were able to bring to market this evening this important private collection which offered works of breath-taking scope and quality as well as freshness to the market. Collectors responded with enthusiasm, giving us the highest total achieved this evening for any sale of 20th Century Italian Art ever staged. Highlights of our sale of Contemporary Art included an indisputable masterpiece by Lucian Freud, the great legend of the London School.”
20th Century Italian Art Including Italian Identity – an Important Private Collection
1915 – 1995
signed and dated 57 on the reverse
wood, plastic, vinavil and combustion on fabric
117 by 97cm.
46 by 38 1/4 in.
This work is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
ESTIMATE 800,000-1,200,000 GBP